My recipe is adapted off Creme de la Crumb’s Chicken pad Thai. It can be found here.
This recipe serves 7 very hungry carbo-loading triathletes.
- 3 boxes of flat rice noodles
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breast, pounded to ½ inch thickness and chopped into bite-sized pieces + salt & pepper to taste
- 7 eggs
- 1 bag fresh bean sprouts
- 1 bunch sliced green onions
- 1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 can of crushed peanuts
- 4 limes quartered
- sauce: Passage Foods Passage to Thailand Stir fry Sauce, Pad Thai, Mild
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package directions.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Cook chicken in a large, as big as you can find, nonstick pan over medium heat, stirring throughout until cooked through (about 6-8 minutes). Transfer chicken to a bowl and set aside. It will probably have to be done in batches.
- Crack eggs over the preheated pan (where you cooked the chicken) and allow to fry for about a minute, then break it up with a spoon like making scrambled eggs. Continue to cook until fully cooked.
- Add the green onions, bean sprouts, chicken and sauce.
- Add noodles and toss to coat the noodles in the sauce.
- Place the the chopped cilantro, peanuts, limes and jalapeño on a serving dish or bowl so each individual can add for their own taste.