This recipe is based off of Fork and Bean’s Fresh Vegan Spring Rolls
Makes approximately 16 spring rolls
For the rolls
- 16 rice paper sheets
- approx. 2 c. soaked bean threads (place dry threads into a bowl and pour hot water over them. Allow to soak for 5 minutes).
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper cut into matchsticks
- 1 c. cilantro
- 1 cup green onion
For the dipping sauce
- 3/4 c. all natural crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 1/4 c. gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. garlic chili sauce
For the Rolls
- Dip every side of the rice paper in a bowl of hot water until it is completely wet. Do not immerse it too long otherwise it will be too sticky and difficult to work with–all it really needs is a couple of seconds in the water. Place the paper on a cutting board.
- Place a small amount of each ingredient in the middle of the wrapper on the side closest to you.
- Take the side closest to you and pull it over the ingredients in the middle, making sure that the edge reaches around to the other side, securing them in its place. The paper should be sticky enough where it will stay put.
- Take the left and right sides and fold them over, sealing the ends in.
- Roll it up the rest of the way
For the Sauce
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce together.
Serve relatively soon